Full-Time (40 Hours Per Week)
Grant Writer – Develop a wide variety of project applications for municipalities, schools and not-for-profit agencies.
- Research all types of Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) in order to determine if they are applicable to client needs and projects;
- Discusses program requirements and sources of funds available with client personnel;
- Develop, coordinate, and write grant proposals for units of local government, school districts, and not-for-profit agencies according to format required and submit application to funding agency in time to meet deadline;
- Confer with agency personnel affected by proposed grant program/proposal to develop the program goals and objectives, outline how funds are to be used, and explain procedures necessary to obtain funding;
- Must be in constant communications with clients regarding past, current, and future grant projects;
- Maintain frequent communications with the Director of Operations regarding proposals.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of two years of work experience preferred. Because of the diversity of the firm’s grant writing projects, a variety of educational backgrounds will be considered. **
- Valid NYS Driver’s License and Reliable Transportation to attend work related meetings & conferences;
- Proven ability to perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this position with general guidance;
- Ability to compose a variety of reports in a clear and concise manner;
- Ability to speak clearly when interacting with others in person or while on the telephone. Must be able to ask questions when assignments are unclear or ambiguous. Must be able to communicate with officials, agency representatives and clients;
- Ability to complete assignments accurately and within the given deadlines. Must be able to plan accordingly when deadlines of current projects change;
- Ability to work independently and in group settings;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, charts and database software applications and Adobe Professional;
Apply by email to:
Heather Milone, Vice President, Director of Operations
**Please Include Salary Requirements and Cover Letter with Resume.